Even the most passionate PC enthusiasts who have just started playing Fortnite on PC and can’t get the mouse and keyboard strokes on time admit that the game works best with a console controller. Besides the fact that comfort plays an essential role when it comes to the quality of the gaming experience, certain game genres work best when combined with a console controller.
But remember one thing that only a few controllers are compatible with the Epic Game title.
Among them are the PS4 Dualshock 4 and the joystick of Xbox One and Xbox 360 (the latter two must be connected to the PC via cable or through the official wireless adapter).
The PS3 controller does not function, whereas for devices manufactured by third-party companies, there is no clear response, but usually the ones that use the same key scheme as the PS4 and Xbox controllers are correct.
A controller is more convenient than pressing the keyboard keys and is designed to be exact at the place where you need it for easy handling. So, if you wish to improve your gameplay, we have everything you need to know right here on how to connect a PS4 controller to your PC and enjoy Fortnight better than before.
Purpose of a PC Controller in Gaming
A PC controller for gaming, also known as a game controller, is used as an input device for gaming. These controllers usually work to control any object or figure in games and come in different types, shapes and sizes.
Nowadays, the most famous type of PC controllers are the ones that are wireless and make the games more amusing to play for gamers. Most of the controllers come with game consoles like PS4 or Xbox or are sold independently as third-party controllers.
How to connect a PS4 controller on PC to play Fortnite?
Connecting a controller with a PC to play your favorite is easy enough. But one may have trouble understanding or getting used to the control buttons. Our detailed guide will address the issues.
PS4 comes with a Dual Shock 4 controller, which can be used for playing Fortnight on your PC. So, right away, here are the most efficient ways to play Fortnite with a PS4 controller on a PC.
- First install DS4Windows.
- Connect your PS4 controller to your PC with a MicroUSB cable (you may need an adapter if your controller does not use a micro USB connection).
- Launch DS4Windows and you should see your PS4 controller listed in the “Controllers” section.
- Otherwise, attempt to restart the program or your computer.
- Click the “Controller Settings” tab and make any modifications you want (for example, changing the button map, rumbling intensity, etc.). You can also test your control here if necessary.
- If you wish to use your PS4 wireless controller, click on the “Wireless Controller” tab, then choose “Bluetooth.” You will require a Bluetooth dongle if your PC is not equipped with Bluetooth.
- When connected, you can unplug the MicroUSB cable and play wireless! Keep in mind that Bluetooth connections are typically less stable than wired connections, so you may encounter occasional delays or disconnects while playing wirelessly.
- To reconnect with a USB cable, simply connect the micro-USB cable to the controller port at the front of the device.
- And voila! Now you are ready to play Fortnite on a PC with a PS4 Controller successfully.
Why is My PS4 Controller Not Working on Fortnite PC?
If you have a hard time connecting your PS4 controller to Fortnite on PC, there are a few tricks you can try. First, be sure to have the latest version of the game installed. If you are running a previous release, your controller may not be compatible.
Then make sure your controller is properly charged. If the battery is low, it may fail to connect to the game. Connecting to charge for several minutes should solve the problem.
If these two things are not working, try to restart your PS4 as well as your computer. This will reset all connectivity issues and allow your controller to run again. Finally, if neither of these solutions work, you may need to change your PS4 controller.
If you are a fan of Fortnite, you will be delighted to learn that you can now connect your PS4 controller to your PC and play with it. In general, you can play Fortnite on a PC that has an Xbox, PS4 or other third-party controller by connecting it to the USB port of the computer and also become familiar with the functions of the control button.
Just keep in mind another aspect, i.e. Fortnite developers provide dedicated servers for each input method. Thus the one who uses a controller on the PC will not be able to play against those who play with a mouse and a keyboard. This helps to avoid creating differences among different users.